Thursday, December 9, 2010

The gift of the Magi

"And here I have lamely related to you the uneventful chronicle of two foolish children in a flat who most unwisely sacrificed for each other the greatest treasures of their house." O Henry



Christmas chaos is upon us and not only have we been running here and there but unfortunately the girls of the family have been sick. I haven't been able to finish my decorating, we've only put up the big tree and it took me 4 days to do it! Hopefully this weekend I will be able to get more done.

The Gift of the Magi is one of my all time favorite stories. It reminds me that there is more to giving than how much you spent or how much you get. I would gladly sell my hair for a gift for Matt and I know he would sell his watch for me...

Kathy


1 comment:

  1. Kathy,

    Your tree is beautiful but your words and the reminder of what Christmas is about made my eyes water. O Henry's tale is one of my favorites as well. So many get caught up in the glitter and forget. I hope you and your cutie patootie daughter are soon well. I have done little decorating. Hopefully I will be able to get it done this weekend.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    http://fairfieldhousenj.com/2010/12/08/the-gift/

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you'll be back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...