Monday, April 25, 2011

I'm still here!

Spring break has come and gone. We had a nice time and even got to do a few fun things while we were off from school.

Marty's class visited Jamestown (the first permanent English colony in America) and learned a lot about how hard life was for those first brave men.




Louisa's Kindergarten class had an Easter party at a friends house and I learned a lot of 6 year old knock-knock jokes while driving them to the party.



The Easter Bunny visited.


And we all got new hair cuts!



Best of all I learned I'm ready for summer break. I'm looking forward to homeschooling the kids next year and going at our own pace. I believe as a society we have all gotten so far away from each other that this "old fashioned" idea of school might just help bring us back together. Kids don't know how to function without an electronic game or phone in their hand. Parents run their kids here, there and everywhere but never really spend time with them. How many families still have dinner together every night without the Television on or in the backseat of a car on the way to practice? How many of them take a walk and just talk to their kids? I think it's time we all got back to a more basic way of living; slow down, enjoy each other's company.

I'm not ready to give up my computer or cell phone just yet but I think there's a lot to be said for a simpler way of life.

Hope you all had a wonderful Holiday and got to slow down too!

Kathy

1 comment:

  1. Kathy,

    So happy you all enjoyed spring break and Easter! I can't get over how fast your children are growing. (Don't cry!) I agree about the simple life. Too many, in the pursuit for things, lose each other.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you'll be back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...