Monday, September 27, 2010

I promised...

I promised my husband that I would take it easy today. It's hard, I have so much to do and so much I want to do. But I hurt my back, I'm not sure how exactly - pulling on kids, cleaning, falling down the stairs (oops!), who knows but it's annoying! So I'm sitting on the sofa watching a hoarding show with a heating pad on my back. Watching the show makes me want to get up and clean some more. I can't help but watch them, it's like a train wreck... I just can't turn away! I can't stand a feather from my pillow on the floor or toys all over the place. I'm an anti-hoarder! I know it's a sickness but I just don't understand how people can live like that.

The kids are doing well in school, we like all the teachers (good) and so far I think they are both being challenged and having fun. I've been back at the preschool for 2 week and it has helped me get back into a schedule. I have a challenge this year, a 3 year old that's going to give me a run for my money. I'm up for the challenge I just wish I was better equipped to help him. He let's me hug him and sits in my lap so I guess I'm doing something right. I love my job!! I don't do it for the money, I do it for the smiles, hugs and to know that I have been a special part of a child's life if only for a moment. Before I had kids I had a job that I thought I loved, it paid very well but now I know that to do what you love may not be the key to riches but it is the key to living an authentic life. Some days it's not easy and I think I should go back to work full time but then 3:00 o'clock rolls around and two little kids get off the bus and I know I'm doing what I'm supposed to be doing, no matter what the challenge.

I'm looking forward to attending our monthly Flea Market this weekend. Maybe I'll find some goodies!

Have a great week,
Kathy


2 comments:

  1. Kathy,

    Take care of that back! Back pain is horrible. Glad the children are happy in their new classrooms and that you are settling back into the school year/work routine. So true about being authentic and following your passion.

    Blog sale at The Fairfield House this week. Come join in!

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy,

    Sounds like someone is living life with Simple Abundance. :)

    Those hoarding shows are my weakness as well. I watch them when I am feeling too lazy to clean. Just one episode and I am jazzed about cleaning for a month! They make me itch to be a minimalist.

    I actually fell down the stairs last year and it was super painful. I pulled out my back so bad I could hardly move. I hope that you take the time to properly heal and that you feel better soon.

    It sounds like life is getting back to normal for you again. Its nice to see your writing up on the wall once again. I hope everyone is doing well.

    -V

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you'll be back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...