Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Summer break 2010

I was going to label this post Summer Vacation but really It's not a vacation for me. I get to fill up the next 3 months with fun activities for my kids and try to get my regular work done in between. So far, it's been good. The kids are getting along (for the most part) and we have been passing the days happily. I know in about a week they will get itchy so we'll have to go find something to do. But for now they are happy swimming, reading, playing games and of course, watching TV.

We had a very busy weekend, we celebrated our friends Frank and Sherry's marriage. They filled up three days for their family and friends with so many activities we were all exhausted by Saturday! We had a wonderful time and got to meet a lot of new friends.

Here are a few highlights from our vacation so far.



Louisa at Marty's school program


Marty and Louisa with his 3rd Grade teacher


Filling up the pool!


A cool day on my porch


Catching "Flyerflies" (as Louisa calls them) with new friends


Bug catching device


Being 8!


Lunch at The Deck, enjoying the Parade of Sails


Parade of Sails, Harborfest Portsmouth, Virginia


A birthday party


My little Princess

I'm not sure what we are going to do the rest of the week, I think recover from the events of the weekend. It's going to be hard to top that!

Have a wonderful Summer Break - I need to go call my Mother and apologize for all the pranks we pulled each Summer!
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,

    Wow you are off to a great start! The parade of sails looks like a spectacular event. Tell Louisa I celebrated a birthday last week too! Only I didn't get to wear a tiara. Darn!

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im tired just reading all of the stuff you all did! I love the first photograph- its entirely sweet- you should make it into a black and white print.

    Glad to see your all doing so well. Sorry it took me so long to catch up!

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you'll be back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...