Thursday, December 30, 2010

Christmas Recap

We had a really nice Christmas this year. The week before Christmas was a little hectic but this week I've slowed down and tried to let the kids enjoy their time off.



I wasn't going to pull out all my decorations this year but I did it anyway. I realized two days before Christmas that I forgot to hang my wreath but other than that I think I dragged everything else out (and it's a lot!).



I love all the old decorations I have, most of them I got from a family member so I always have a nice memory about that specific item.


My silver tree was purchased from Ebay. It came in it's original box and was made about 5 minutes from my house!


I didn't send out cards this year and every time I got one in the mail it made me feel very guilty! Oh, well.... there's always next year!



We had a wonderful dinner at my parent's house. The kids were on their best behavior... well all except my little angel who managed to blurt out the F*dash*dash*dash word while rhyming "truck". Aaaahhh, Christmas memories!



My parents gave Marty a new tent so he can sleep outside even longer this year!



Everyone acts like a kid at Christmas!



Santa was very good to us this year.





We got a white Christmas one day late (better late than never!)



This was one for the records, in some places we got 16".





By the time it was over my kids could barely walk in it!



Today is the last day of 2010 and although I'm sad another year has passed I'm also excited to see what 2011 will bring.

My you find peace and prosperity!

Happy New Year,
The Eykamp Haus

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,

    So happy to read that you all enjoyed the holidays. Your decorations are beautiful and even more special knowing they came from someone you know. I especially like the little snowmen on the piano.

    Happy New Year!

    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how sweet your pictures are Kathy! I adore the pictures of your children playing in the snow, I cant believe you got so much snow! And the first picture of your tree in the gray room- is stunning. It looks like something from a magazine. Glad to hear you were all together for the holidays.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you'll be back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...