Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!



We dried out from the storm, mostly. There is still water being pumped out of the basement and it has been raining most of the week so I assume it's going to be awhile before we are completely dry. The roof cap was replaced and hopefully we came up with a better idea to keep it secure (we are beginning to run out of options!).

Yesterday was Thanksgiving and although I tried to be happy it was not a very good day for me. We have had a rough year and it's beginning to wear on me. I'm trying to be positive for the kids but it's hard to put on a happy face when your crying on the inside. I promised the kids we would put the small Christmas tree up in the den tomorrow. Let's hope when I wake up I can snap out of it and make it a fun day for them. I hope you all had a happy Thanksgiving!!!

2 comments:

  1. Im sorry to hear your having such a rough time with everything. While its not very comforting, its usally the tough times that help to bring a family closer and helps to strengthen ties. I hope the season improves for you and your family in the meantime. Keep writing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Victoria! The Christmas excitement I saw in my kids eyes this past weekend really helped.

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you'll be back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...