Monday, September 13, 2010

A new chapter

Last week we started something I have been dreading all summer. Both of my children are in school full-time.


There is no one to ride to the preschool with me, no one to say "Good Morning" to the YMCA patrons, no one to help me clock in and no one to help me clean up after the kids are gone. There is no one to eat lunch with, no one to pick up after, no one to ask what channel Spongebob is on and no one to give me kisses "just because".


There is no one to push in a baby stroller, no diapers to change, no bottles to warm, no one to pick up and carry to a nap.


No one to kick my belly, no one to see on an ultra sound and no one to share my body with.


But... there are 2 special people to welcome home, 2 lunches to make, 2 book bags to collect papers from and 2 kids who I miss terribly.



I cried the first 2 days of school (and yes, even now I'm crying) but I know that in one hour I will be yelling at 2 kids to stop fighting.

And all will be right with the world.
Kathy

2 comments:

  1. Kathy,

    Can you feel my arms reaching through the screen and hugging you? All is right with the world! Change is part of life and while it's true they are no longer babies each age has something special of its own to offer. One day you will be blessed with more babies ... and the best thing is you'll be able to send them home with their parents after they are done visiting, Grandma!

    Love the photos of your beautiful children.

    Your Friend,
    Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  2. This was such a sweet post! You made me cry! Kathy you are such a wonderful mother, your children are so lucky to have someone who cares so much about them. (Even when they make you pull your hair out!) :)

    I hope all is well. -V

    ReplyDelete

I love to get comments! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I hope you'll be back.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...